Castro Valley Game Library

Resources for parents & teachers
See workkidslove.com


Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Swap.com - Toss your cares & curls away (& Yahoo Montessori_Swap group)

Swap.com

After thousands of dollars of swaps and sales, Swap.com made it so hard to send in items and get enough money to make it worth it, so I don't sell there anymore.  There may be some deals on there, but the selection of games does not impress me.  I find enough great items at thrift stores to fill a cart almost every time I go.

_______

The title references a movie quote from Thoroughly Modern Millie.

I am hoping this swap site works well.  I sent a box of items away, and they are up and priced on the site.  http://www.swap.com/browse/?uids=361004006

They only accept kids' (& teens') items, and items must have all the pieces.

It costs $9 to ship a huge box.  Boxes are expensive.  They give you the option of requesting boxes ($3), which I might do.  They charge $1 per item + 20%, which adds up (but I've sold on eBay & Amazon, and the shipping and fees really kill you).  

You can buy using cash or swap what you have for something else.  In theory you can get more value out of your used items by trading.  

I've had one item bought and one item traded so far.  

They also have some good fundraising options for groups like schools.



Montessori_Swap (Yahoo groups)

A shout out to all the wonderful people from Montessori_Swap who have visited my blog.  

I appreciate the resource for finding and circulating Montessori, homeschool and other learning materials.  

No comments:

Post a Comment