Castro Valley Game Library

Resources for parents & teachers
See workkidslove.com


Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Personal shopper


I've been thinking a lot about what my business is.  I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out what people are looking for (and willing to pay) and what I'm good at and like to do.

I have little kids, and evenings really aren't convenient for doing game events.  We have other things going on.  Instead, what may work well is school services (for people who live in the Bay Area).  Here's what I mean (I have provided all these services recently for local schools):

* A school owner wants to clean out storage and miscellanea.  I buy the educational materials the school does not want or need to sell to others after ordering replacement pieces, etc.  We load up my car, and the materials no longer clutter up needed space.  She can use the money to buy the things on her wish list.

* A Montessori or other teacher is setting up a classroom and needs supplies for lessons.  She makes a list of what she needs, and I shop first.  I can save her time and money.  She can find the odds and ends after I've done a lot of the legwork.

* The leader of an afterschool program needs several items (to add variety, to teach skills, to replace broken games), and buys many games, cards, puzzles, and toys at a time for a great price.

All of these people appreciate the opportunity to reuse good quality items.




















No comments:

Post a Comment