Castro Valley Game Library

Resources for parents & teachers
See workkidslove.com


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Check out my stuff!


I've been trying to figure out exactly what to do with all the materials I collected as part of my final Montessori project.  It seems like a lot to store.  My kids don't use all the work, and I spent a lot of money on these supplies.

One of my friends will be coming over to use some of the activities on a regular basis, and another friend is interested in learning more about Montessori.

What if I lent out these activities and moms could return them and check out new ones when they want to?  Then moms can give their children stimulating activities without having to gather the supplies and spend all the money.  They won't have to store them.  When their kids tire of them, they can get new ones.  I'm considering a yearly membership fee, with possible upgrades for premium materials.

**What do you think of the idea of borrowing homemade Montessori work?**

My big girl has been doing a lot of sorting work (with tweezers).  And the little guy has been practicing with a hammer.


I started working today on my moveable alphabet (glittery, cursive and print), so I'll post pictures soon.

If you live in the Bay Area, and you'd like some free supplies for making things, check out my new blog

http://www.repurposingtherest.blogspot.com/

where I'm posting pictures of the free supplies I'm regularly acquiring from a local business and other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment